Thursday, September 10, 2009

And so it Begins . . .

living in a household with boys . . .

(Again, posting out of chronological order. I have a few posts that will be back posts. But I wanted to share this with Jon in pictures, so I didn't want to wait . . .)

This darling little boy (pictured below) is sure going to be a handful. Zac is pretty good about not climbing all over things. But this little guy doesn't care or think about the consequences. While sitting in his booster seat Max likes to put his feet up on the table and push himself away. Yesterday, while sitting at the table he did the same thing, but pushed too hard. I couldn't grab the seat in time so it fell backward and Max hit the back of his head on the ground. Poor kid, but he recovers fast.


This morning about 15 mins before I needed to take Zac to preschool, I had to make a pit stop. I, like many, like my privacy. So the bathroom door was closed . . .which creates the problem of no bathroom cabinets for the boys to go through. They always have to wait for me as close as possible which was in the same room.

After 1.75 mins of them discovering me in the bathroom, and being told to not open the door, I hear a huge crash **thinking, ok there is a mirror behind the dresser, but they can't get to that . . . I bet my jewelry box fell off, not knowing specifically how that could have happened, I hesitated . . .no crying, good, no one is hurt** Then I hear Zac's elevating panic screech (when stressed he looses vocabulary) while he is banging on the door, and I didn't hear Max. . . Full panic mode hit me (my heart is just racing thinking about it) I did what I could to get out of the bathroom in 2 seconds. The dresser had fallen over forward; all the drawers had mostly slid out. I didn't see Max.

Adrenaline took over and I grabbed the side of the dresser and threw it off of the drawers. Then I looked for Max. He was under 2 drawers that were face down on him. He still didn't cry. I tossed the drawers off and picked him up. He was just fine. No bruises or scratches to be seen. He was a little scared . . .but recovered quickly . . .


(Cleaning up the jewelry was NOT fun!)




Luckily, the mirror didn't break . . .


But the bed did . . . .






Zac told me Max was opening and closing the drawers and that is why it fell . . .I have a hard time believing that alone would cause the whole thing to fall . . .

I've been wanting a NEW bedroom set!! ;)

5 comments:

  1. scary!...I'm glad the little guys are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! That is REALLY scary!!! I am so thankful that Max was alright. I'm sure he was protected. I'm sorry to hear about your bed though. That's a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he is ok, but seriously I'd be sooo mad!! It took everything in me today not to strangle Chance. Love him to pieces, but man kids are tough sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same dresser!!! opening and closing the drawers would totally make it fall. One of our cats decided that it would be a fun game to jump around the room on each piece of furniture like an obstacle course... this game ended with a toppled dresser much like yours!!! SO.. if a 12 lb cat can do it just by jumping on it and off of it... i can only imagine what an adorable little boy could do when opening and closing the drawers! :)
    Glad he is okay.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!