We went to the Melting Pot.
Here Rachel and Jeremy are trying to decipher the menu. It wasn't in a different language, but there were so many options to choose from (but not as much as the Cheesecake Factory).
Check out this silverware!! This is the same silverware my parents had when we were little! It was funny to see it again and very nostalgic. A three pronged fork?!
I normally don't take pictures during meals, but this was a one of a kind place. We decided to get the whole sha-bang. $78 per couple, for the whole 4 course deal (not worth it! More on that later).
We got house salads, which were bagged, and a little brown at that. Then the cheese course. The cheese fondue part was really good. We got a Mexican cheese and a spinach artichoke cheese (and they were out of spinach . . .) They give you some vegetables and apples to dip. The carrotts were dry . . . I love the apples in the artichoke cheese dip. Then we got the meat course. You choose a cooking method. We both chose a poaching method (boiling in chicken broth). I suggest doing a saute one. The potatoes never cooked all the way through. I think the broth had some kind of wine in it. . .it tasted a bit funny. Personally, I only liked the filet minon meat-it was sooo good, even though we over cooked it a little bit.
This is the meat course. The plate looked really pretty with all the meats (such as "marbled meats" . . .)
Then the dessert was really good too of course! We got a white chocolate and a turtle chocolate (with carmel and pecans). As far as the treats to dip, they are basically the same as Zupas fondue. But the chocolate dips were amazing.
We were pretty full when we left. I have heard before that people don't get very full eating here.
All in all, I think we would go back, and just get the cheese course and dessert. But perhaps we'd leave still a little hungry??
Steam from the stove top and us


Yeah, the food not so good, the company? GREAT! Thanks for making it a fun night, despite the food. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI love the Melting Pot... the cheese and the dessert are the best parts!
ReplyDelete