Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's begun: Spring Cleaning!

I wish this was in my house! Its very cute and organized!

Taking inspiration from a blog I like to follow, V and Co., I started Spring cleaning or more like organizing. (Although the weather is currently not cooperating-3 inches of snow yesterday, a half inch or so today, probably more tomorrow-at least most of it melts off by the end of the day.)

I cleaned out our "junk closet". It is just off the kitchen and has so many different things in it. It is a walk-in closet and has lots of shelves. We have bulk food in there, camping gear, a large cooler, file boxes, a couple 72-hour kits per person, kids craft stuff, stuff needed for homework, blankets for picnics, a large griddle, light bulbs, empty glade plugins, candles, flashlights, water bottles, and just random stuff. Yesterday, I organized it and made it look nice and easy to walk-in to. I seems like closets like this need to be organized every few months.

Then today I tackled my closet! I could clean it every week because there are clothes all over the floor at the end of every week. All moms who have ever been in the child bearing years know how hard it can be to get rid of clothes. You don't want to get rid of your pre-baby clothes because one day they might fit again (ignoring the fact that they will mostly likely be out of style when the time comes). And you want to keep bigger clothes, for the post-baby body, then the post-post-baby body where you are not the same as you were before, but you are not as big as you were shortly after the baby, and you have maternity clothes too.

With the opportunity to get back to my pre-baby weight I have been able to go through those pre-baby clothes and keep the ones that are still in style...or that will work with the current style. And also throw away most of those bigger post-baby clothes, or at least add them to the maternity box if they are worth keeping. I was able to get rid of 2 large bags of clothes and some shoes too. This is really really really good for me. I usually worry that if I get rid of too much I will not have enough to wear.

I still have more to do, but since it is not summer time yet and half the clothes I still need to go through are summer clothes, I'll be waiting for a while.

Now I challenge you! Go through you closet and get rid of stuff you haven't wore for over 6 months!

1 comment:

  1. I love you new background!!! And your cute braids and hat in the previous post.

    As for organizing...I'm claiming that it's not yet spring because our daffodils aren't blooming yet...so, um, I'll take the challenge when I see some more blooms...maybe :) (I am th world's worst housekeeper!!!)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!