Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day

I have a tendency to talk about all the hard things about being a Mother, but I just want everyone to know that I love it. There isn't anything else I would rather be doing with my life right now.

Here are some things, just off the top of my head, that I love about being a mom:

*Watching the boys try new things and learn new things
*Watching them have success with those new things and being the first to applaud them
*Watching them sleep
*Being able to comfort and cuddle them when they get hurt
*Reading children's stories and looking at picture books
*Sharing my favorite kids' books with them like, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", "Love You Forever" and the "Little Critter" books
*An excuse to have Disney a part of our home and entertainment
*Getting to buy little kids things, that would be pure indulgence if it weren't for them (a frog lantern, bug catchers and cute little shoes)
*Giggling with them
*Having talks before bedtime about whatever is on Zac's mind
*Getting to know their personality
*Having a baby's room in the house
*Laying out all day next to the kiddie pool
*Going to the library-story time
*Going to the park and teaching Zac how to use the monkey bars and the fire pole
*Cuddling with Max before putting him to bed
*Singing to them and knowing they don't care or know how bad I sing
*Not feeling childish for buying snack puddings and goldfish
*Always having a toy car in my purse
*How date nights and girls nights are SOO much more fun because I know what a break it is
*Going to the pool 1-3x a week in the summer
*Shopping for their clothes, toys, and room decor
*Being able to go to lunch and not be alone, and eat a kids meals

This Mother's Day was so enjoyable! The boys made me the perfect breakfast in bed and got me flowers, and this cute mug, and an electric toothbrush (which I have been wanting for months).






Then at church the youth and priesthood took over all the primary classes, so I got to enjoy the Gospel Doctrine Sunday School class and Relief Society. It was perfect.

Then we went to my parents for steak dinner and homemade Lemon Ice Cream (my mom loves all things lemon) and we got to talk to Elder Kolb on the phone. It was really good to talk to him. He is doing great! Keep up the good work Elder! We love you!

Blogging is tricky without a camera. My mom let me borrow her camera for all these last posts. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!