This year I ended up making the boys' costumes. Probably a bad idea. In the end they are going to be more expensive and have taken tons of time! Zac is going to be Batman and Max will be Robin, the comic book versions. We had a few Batman elements already and Zac really wanted to use them. But I couldn't find pajamas that would be the right color for the base of the costumes. So I had to make them, and even at that, it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I couldn't find any stretch knits (t-shirt/sweat shirt) material in a bright green so I had to go with flannel. It worked ok, but not ideal.
So I have been working on the boys' costumes any chance I can get, and I am still not done! (We also decided to do costumes for ourselves this year, which also have to be hand made....well see how that works out (pics to come, as we haven't even started yet!)...next year will be simple :)
I love this picture of Max!
Then it was Dave's Birthday so I made him a Birthday Cake and we went and sang to him at his apartment.
And we started a very big project: painting the kitchen cabinets. Here they are after being primed.
"After" pictures to come later.
Jon reading with the boys. This was too sweet to not take a picture.
This is a common occurrence while mopping the floor. . . a fort with the chairs. It takes quite a bit more work to mop when a fort is involved. But the boys love it (and it keeps them off the floor for . . . 5 mins? :P). I just hope Max soon realizes the fragility of some forts. Its a lot of work to come in every few minutes to "fix it". After a few times of fixing it, the couch cushions became jumping pads instead of walls-much less maintenance.


I can sooo totally relate to the whole costume making thing! I had this great idea to make costumes for the whole family this year too, thinking it would be cuter and cheaper. You are right...just as expensive and very time consuming! Why do I do these things to myself?! I guess in the end it slightly improved my sewing skills. I'd like to think that some day my kids will look back and thank me for it...haha. Adorable family pictures by the way!
ReplyDelete