Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Unbirthday Treat

Zac's birthday is in August. We celebrated his birthday with his class during the first week of school. At the end of the first month of school he switched in to a different class. His class celebrates unbirthdays for those kids who have summer birthdays. I wish my classes had done that. I never got to bring fun birthday treats to class.

I'm guess that all through February the little kids who have birthdays in August, like Zac, were having their unbirthdays. Zac talked to his teacher and asked if he could have an unbirthday too (even though he got to celebrate his real birthday 6 months ago.) Since she seems ok with it, and I had been wanting and excuse to make a fun treat, I thought great.

I was trying to decide whether to do cookies or cupcakes. To me cupcakes just go with birthdays, but these treats needed to be individually packaged and taken home-not to be eaten in class. And that was going to be tricky. Zurchers didn't have anything practical to package them, and I did want to nor had enough time to order anything online. So I was just going to do sugar cookies. And I wanted to do a Wall-E theme, but again I'd have to order stuff online. Zurchers only had Sponge Bob stuff. I am not a fan. Its kind of a rude and dumb show. But Jon watches it with the boys occasionally, and the boys really like it. So whaev.

After we got home Zac kept talking about how were going to make cupcakes, even though I told him a few times it was cookies. So I thought about it more, and personally I would rather do cupcakes too. So I decided to call up the local cupcake shop and see if they sold their single cupcake containers, and they did! And for a reasonable price too :)

I really LOVE how everything turned out!

(I love how the containers look like bubbles;very appropriate for Sponge Bob.)


The cupcake baking cups are also Sponge Bob themed


(Can you tell the white part is supposed to be waves?)

After I dropped Zac off at his class, I went to get the treats in the car. When I walked back in the classroom with the treats Zac ran over to me and gave me a hug and said, "I love you, Mom!" Wow, that sure felt great. He was proud of me, and his treats :) I hope we have many more moments like that.


I had carpool so we had a playdate after.


And the kids decorated their own cupcakes


Happy Unbirthday to you all!

3 comments:

  1. The cupcakes looked very cute, great job! That was such a sweet thing of Zac to say, I can't wait till James learns how to say I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! So what, sponge BOB? Oh well, the kids love the little creature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! Where did you get the cupcake containers?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!