On Saturday, I ran another 5k. This Live Your Dream 5k supported single mothers. It was the first year they did a 5k, so there were only a couple hundred people, if that. The race was on part of the river trail, which was pretty. There were tunnels and bridges so it was nice to mix things up a bit.
I didn't know if I would actually do this race, since I hadn't worked out AT ALL since the last 5k I did in March. And my knees have been swollen and sore off and on lately (and I have no idea why!) But, I already paid the registration fee, and I wanted to get the second of my three 5k's finished. So I decided I would just do it, even if I had to walk most of the way.
Before
Well, the morning of the race my knees had no problems. I was so relieved! I actually did ok. I finished in 35:27. This is a little faster than the previous 5k I did. The trail was mostly flat, and there was a turn around point. It was nice to know when I was halfway and what to expect for the second half of the race.
It was fun to have Zac run with me a little ways at the very end. It boosted my energy a bit.
After
I think that not preparing for the run gave me more side aches, and a more tiring, pretty sore recovery on Sunday. My throat/chest was burning so so bad when I was done. But, there was great food after, and lots of cool water. The race started at 9a, later than most, and it was at a nice park so Jon and the boys were able to be there and support me. I am so glad that I did this, and that it was so much better than I anticipated. Now, I just need to be sure to prep for the next one!
(On a side note: I lost 7 pounds in the last month, by cutting my calories A LOT-no sweets, way less junk and fat, and much smaller portions. I was eating tons of junk food! I would ideally like to loose a few more, but in the last week or so I have lost control of what I eat on the weekends! Time to recommit to a few things!)
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)



Go Jessica! I'm so impressed.
ReplyDeleteHey Jessica! I just signed up for another half marathon in August. It's the Provo Trail run. It's a great run. It's downhill the whole time! You wanna run it with me??
ReplyDeleteThis message is for Jon from Mike via Brooks's login. Just read Ben and Amber's blog about the baked beans and it reminded me of Ben's toothbrush-nose incident of '02. For some reason I feel like communicating through blog comments tonight.
ReplyDelete