Playing soccer in the family room
Spiderwebs ALL OVER the ENTIRE lawn!!! Disguisting!! The babies were also hatching and web strands were all over the porch and the car, if I left it in the driveway. I couldn't walk outside without getting a web on me. There were even a couple instances where a baby spider hitched a ride on me when I left the house....eewww!!
Deer creek was so high last month. It has dropped a little. This is always a pretty time of year before everything gets hot and loses its green color.
While reading the war chapters in the Book of Mormon we often try to help the boys visualize the plot by using near by objects. Last night each of us represented a different parts of the Nephite and Lamanite armies.
I can't remember which story this is exactly. This particular night we had just finished eating dinner. Its one of the times when the Nephites (the jelly beans) are trying to take back one of their cities (the bowl) from the Lamanites (the m&ms). The Nephites lead the Lamanite army out while a hidden Nephite army pursues the Lamanites in the rear, and another portion of the Nephite army goes to take the city while the Lamanites are pursuing the Nephites.
This night Zac's soccer game got "rained out", but it was actually sunny the whole time during the game. And he was pretty bummed since the last game was canceled because of weather too. So we decided to head over to the rec center. They have some nice AstroTurf soccer fields in doors. It was great for the boys to get to play with their Dad, while I watched a movie on my phone ;) I had eaten terrible that day and I was starving and exhausted, and it was 7:30 by the time the boys were done playing. So we decided to go to a Mexican restaurant in Midway, Tarahumara. There was a clown there painting faces for free. The boys loved it!
May 19--more snow
Over Memorial weekend, we decided to do the first hike of the summer. We went up to Wasatch State Park. We probably only hike 30 mins in. But the boys did great! Zac didn't complain the whole time. And Max did pretty good too. We just had to stop for a snack every 10-15 mins. We are working them up to be better hikers :)
My growing boys!
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Those spider webs are awful! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. The last picture is so cute, what handsome little men!
ReplyDeleteI really like your idea with the scripture reading. We really struggle keeping our boys' attention while we read...and I had never thought of using something like candy as a visual aid! Props to you!!!
ReplyDelete