Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Valentines Treats

 I'm trying to get caught up on blogging so I can post about our baby. Tomorrow morning is the scheduled c-section. I seriously have so much anxiety I want to puke. And I can't even imagine what it'll be like tomorrow while I wait for over and hour to go into the OR. Anyway...here's my attempt to keep up the record, even though I feel really yucky.

Lexie wanted to get together and make cake pops for Valentines this year. I told her I was really tired, but if she drove the project then we could do it.  I got all the supplies and she did a good part of the work.



We were talking to Rachel on gchat while we were dipping the cake balls.



The finished pops. Lexie finished most of them because I had to head to scouts.


We packaged them in a cute little cup. Unfortunately, they were very top heavy and had a really hard time staying up right if the slightest tip came by.



I volunteered to help with the sugar cookies for Zac's Valentines Party. I ordered them from a local bakery and they were VERY yummy. I just used canned frosting, that I dyed vibrant purple and pink.




 Kindergarteners and their sprinkles....



These are the Valentines that I did this year for both boys.


In an effort to give more purpose to our days, I decided we should make special Valentines for the boys' teachers--especially because I forgot to do Christmas presents. We made these mini wreaths. The boys helped to wrap them with yarn, and chose the colors and placement of the flowers. I forgot to take pictures at home so this is where is was hanging in his classroom on the window of the main door.




Then I purpose ordered extra sugar cookies so I could enjoy some and so I'd have extra for my Visiting Teachees.


I really love the vibrant purple color,


And I love these sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!