Thursday, March 12, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

This morning we went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was great. It wasn't very busy, the boys were great and the weather was just right. It is such a beautiful building. I know temples are amazing in their architecture and whatnot but I was still impressed. Zac liked it a lot. He liked the "hallway" (the temporary covered/heated walkways into the temple) and the bus ride. It was just a great family outing. Even thought it was a tour it was still reverent and I could feel the love of the Lord. I am so grateful for His gospel. I love how temples are a way to get closer to Heaven. I was filled with gratitude and comfort the whole morning.


The bus ride



It was a great way to start a busy busy day: Temple open house, come home, lunch/change clothes, drop Zac off at preschool, grocery shopping with tired toddler, pick up Zac from preschool, put groceries away, help do preschool homework, go buy kid-friendly scissors to do homework (neither office depot or max has the plastic ones I wanted), finish homework, pick up up house, make dinner, go to stampin' up, come home, blog, hang out til bed time...phew...a day like this amongst many days stuck at home is a breath of fresh air-it was a satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!