Thursday, July 16, 2009

Freedom Festival 2009

These pictures were taken with Jon's iPhone and they are a little blurry-sorry. This year it was a bit overcast all spring and summer, always a chance of rain. Very unlike Utah. Anyway, the clouds looked ominous, but we decided to venture out anyway. It sprinkled just a little, but it was so nice that it wasn't sooo hot!

The boys enjoyed some cotton candy




It seems every year the freedom festival gets more commercial, and less arts and crafts (which is sad to me). I like to see what things people come up with. There were a couple cool things. (Now if I had girls to buy for I would see more of the arts and crafts-bows, tutus, skirts, barbie/doll clothes and accessories...) Not much boy stuff. I remember one year there was a wood craft booth. They made rubberband guns-you could load up to 10 rubberbands. They were pretty cool! I did buy a play tee pee. It is made of fabric and PVC pipe. I felt really nostalgic, because my Grandma Kolb made us one back it in the day. We LOVED it! I think I am going to make one for Max's birthday too. You'll have to wait til Zac's birthday to see a picture of it.

Ford had a presence at the festival too. They were showcasing their new Ford...Fizo ;)...or was it Fusion or was it Fiesta . . . I really can't remember, but I do think it started with an F...Oh, Festiva (I just asked Jon), I was close.


It is a little compact car, comparable to the Smart Car. Currently, they are only sold in Europe and they are being adjusted to meet US standards. Jon got to test drive it, and really enjoyed it. He would love one...surprising how he is starting to root for Ford... While he drove, we went over to this big "sandbox" in the back of a trailer. The boys really liked it.

This is behind plexiglass.


Then we stopped by the music and listened for a little bit. It is always fun to hear live music even if its pretty darn country!

These pics are from my phone, the Xenon, it has a flash!





Since I am posting so far behind...I feel a bit disconnected from the event. Please bear with me as I tried to recall the details.

Stay tuned, I have like 5 more posts (which probably won't make their way here til tomorrow, when hopefully I am more in the mood to do this). It has been a crazy couple weeks. I didn't even get pictures of a couple of the big things we did :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!