Jon took Monday and Tuesday off so we could go camping with his parents. We went to Mt. Timpanogos Campsite up past Aspen Grove. It was beautiful. Very green. We drove by one site that was really sunny and thought man good thing we aren't staying at that one.
Papa, Daddy and Zac played hide n seek in the woods. Zac loved it! Papa always makes up fun games where ever we may be. While playing hide n seek the boys found out the reason that campsite was sunny. The trees were cleared out to make way for the gorgeous view of the back of Mt. Timp.

Ours was a great campsite, private, shaded, pretty, and quiet. Anyone ever camped on a Monday after a huge summer holiday? Its great-it was so quiet, no one was camping around us. There were also flushing toilets-talk about luxury!
I just thought this was a cool picture. I keep saying which pictures are the iphone, because I am just amazed that a phone can take pictures like these!
I also like how cute and happy Zac looks.

We did an easy dinner here, just stew and rolls. And I forgot the marshmallows and graham crackers... see a trend here?! I am all over the place. But Michael did make us some great banana boats with the chocolate and some Reese Peanut Butter Cups.


The boys didn't do so well at going to sleep this time. They were just not tired. They wanted to walk all over. But the dark and the uneven terrain, made that hard. So we just put them in the tent hoping they would sleep...maybe an hour later they started to fall asleep. They did sleep good after that though. I have found that it is easier for me to keep Max warm with just blankets rather than keeping him in the sleeping bag.
Again, it was so nice to be in nature. I just wish the boys had slept earlier so I could relax more.

Shortly after falling asleep, our camp was visited by a raccoon. Me and the boys were deeply sleeping by this time, but Jon and his parents saw him. They said he was really really big. Jon had left a granola bar out and it was also getting into the trash. Luckily, my uptightness about animals visiting our camp at night, made me put all our food in the car.
You can see the paw prints on the cooler.

Hahaha, LOVE this picture! So funny!
(but he peed on his pants during this...peeing up hill-too young to know about this. We changed him into the only other pants he had which are the shorts he happens to hate the very most! (If you don't know him, he is VERY particular...I think he gets it from his mother:) He threw a big huge fit. But Papa was able to convince him that it was ok. Then 5 mins after changing, I called him over to see a chipmunk and he tripped on the asphalt and skinned his knee pretty bad and was freaking out about it-funny story :)After packing up camp, we hiked to Stewart Falls. The trail head was only 2 mins away. At first Zac was not into hiking. Lately he has had trouble putting one foot in front of the other. Papa was kind enough to hold his hand. But still Zac was slow and stopped at every little thing to look at, which would be fine...if it weren't 2 miles one way, with Max too.
After a while, I held Zac's hand so we could pick up the pace. But he was pretty frustrated. Even with trying to distract him with the plants and other things he was very grumpy about walking. Papa came in and decided to play hide n seek again. Zac was all for that. Papa would go ahead of us and hide in the brush. It is a very green, pretty trail with lots of plants, its also shaded about half of it. Zac then was excited to go and find Papa, and no longer thought about the hiking.
We got to the falls and the cold mist from them felt great. Zac really enjoyed eating a snack-finally. I love how dirty his face is from hiding along the trail and surprise Grandma and me.
After a while, I held Zac's hand so we could pick up the pace. But he was pretty frustrated. Even with trying to distract him with the plants and other things he was very grumpy about walking. Papa came in and decided to play hide n seek again. Zac was all for that. Papa would go ahead of us and hide in the brush. It is a very green, pretty trail with lots of plants, its also shaded about half of it. Zac then was excited to go and find Papa, and no longer thought about the hiking.
We got to the falls and the cold mist from them felt great. Zac really enjoyed eating a snack-finally. I love how dirty his face is from hiding along the trail and surprise Grandma and me.


Jon and his dad took a dip in the falls to cool off. After a little bit we headed back. I tried to carry Max in the bjorn to give Jon a break...but that was crazy! Man he was soooo heavy! It was killing my shoulders. So Jon came and saved me. And I was going to carry the day pack...but for some reason that was pretty hard too. When I hike I need to keep a steady semi-fast pace or I really loose steam. I think hiking there with Zac slow, and stopping was hard on me. So Papa carried the day pack, AND Zachary on his shoulders! Wow, I felt pretty bad, and really lazy.
We were all exhausted by the time we were done. We went home and showered and relaxed. Then we met Jon's parents for dinner in SLC (they were staying in Park City).
It was a fun weekend with lots of memories. I just wish I wasn't so tired and that I was on my game more. Usually I make lots of lists to help me remember stuff, and I haven't been doing so well with that...which makes me less prepared.
P.S. Remember to sharpen the hatchet before we go camping again.


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!