Friday, August 21, 2009

Whipped Cream Sensory Activity

Max is in an early education program, to help improve his muscle tone, and one of the people we met with encouraged us/me to help Max experiment with textures more. As doing that will help him be more open to trying to eat different textures...which is currently an issue.

We had some whipping cream in the fridge and I decided to whip it up, and make 3 colors.

Max was a little unsure, but jump right in. He had a really good time.


He is "cleaning the car". The whipping cream sure looks sudsy . . .but boy is it greasy!

(Notice Zac? He is in time out on the picnic table, probably for hitting.
It worked out pretty good though, it gave Max a chance to try it out first before Zac used it all :)



Zac was humming with his tongue between his lips while "washing" the car. It was pretty funny!



Since everything was so greasy I decided I would just fill up the kiddie pool with soapy water to clean everything. If I had realized the clean up involved...I might not have done this. But the boys loved it, so it was worth it!



Zac washing dishes-awesome!!



Then on to the bath, both had greasy arms and tummies. I love to see their tan lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!