Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

I haven't figured out that we should color eggs and perhaps even do the Easter Egg Hunt before the actual Easter weekend. It was quite and undertaking to do the whole thing this weekend with conference. And takes away from the real meaning. I am working on getting that balance with the religious holidays.

Anyway, we colored eggs Saturday morning. It was so fun this year. Max understood what was going on and was exciting about coloring eggs too. And Zac enjoyed writing his name and drawing smiley faces on his eggs.


Jon and I also took a couple eggs to decorate.


Jon's two eggs are the upper most right ones (I MEAN LEFT); they looks like dinosaur eggs he says. Mine are the rainbow striped ones.

These are my tulips! I just had to share because I loved looking at them all weekend!


Then between sessions, my family came over for lunch, and afternoon conference and we did an Easter Egg hunt.  Its so hard for me to get pictures of the boys when they find an egg-they are so fast!


It was fun to see Max be more involved and excited this year. And as always Zac was ecstatic! He was delighted and surprised with every egg he found.

As you have seen with the previous post, this green grass Spring Easter-i-ness didn't last very long!



Then that evening while the men were at the Priesthood session of conference, my mom, sisters, and me and the boys went to get our nails done and to dinner. They boys were very good! And my mom and sisters were SO SO helpful with them so I could enjoy myself too! Thanks a ton ladies! (Thanks Rach for taking the pictures.)

(PS I hate this bandana on Zac, but he wanted it on ;P I can't find the word to describe what it reminds me of)


I love this picture of Max! So funny!


It was a hectic day. Has anyone been to Wal-mart at 11:30p the night before Easter? It was crazy! It was more busy than it is during the day. When I was checking out there were 8 people in line behind me, and the same at all the other registers. I ran into my parents, a preschool friend parent, and the lady that was sitting next to me when we got our nails done. It was a weird night. When I got home Jon was sleeping on the couch after having folded all the laundry and put it away. So I prepared for the Easter Bunny to come.  And while I was doing that I realized that this year, with everything going on, we never told the boys that the Easter Bunny was going to come. I wondered if they would know who their goodies were from.

Zac didn't disappoint! He knew exactly what was going on. Although, I think Max had no idea, but then again he didn't care either.

I think the Easter Bunny did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself ;) I love those Cheetos carrots!


So with everything going on I didn't get to listen to much of conference. But with trying to get little kids to be quite it's pretty hard anyway. I did get to enjoy most of Sunday afternoon though; the boys were napping. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so I can actually learn from the talks!

Then on Sunday evening we hosted Easter Dinner. All of Jon's family, minus the missionary, were able to be there! It was so good to see everyone all together and to visit. I am really bad at taking pictures when we are hosting dinner and I just don't really take pictures when we get together for meals anyway. I wish I had taken some. I know it will be good to see them when I look back. Especially, since its not often that we all get together. Hopefully I will remember do take some next time.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about conference. The kids get stir crazy in the house, so it's practically impossible to get them to behave enough for me to listen to the speakers as much as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Jessica! So great to see your sweet family. What ages are your boys? Mine are 4 1/2 and 3 now. I also have a 9 month old Lynae. Hope to see you guys again someday. It'd be fun to chat.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!