Monday, August 30, 2010

Aug 9: Rachel Moves

We are into August now...

Rachel moved to Phoenix. Her husband is going back to school to get an Aerospace Engineering degree! On one hand I am so excited for them, but on the other I totally miss them already and so do the boys!

I helped her pack a Thursday and then we helped them pack up the truck on Saturday.  Then Monday morning all my siblings got together for an early breakfast, at 6:30 AM! That means I woke up at 5:45a. That must mean I really love my sister!!

This is the same place we had breakfast at when we said farewell to Jake when he left for his mission. This is first time I'd been back since then.

It was really hard for me to say goodbye, I think the previous week might have been even harder because of the anticipation. I am so grateful for modern technology, I get to talk to her on the phone all the time and we got to video chat once while I was making freezer jam, she took me on a tour of her new place and I gave her a tour of our new place.  The boys were quiet fascinated that they could see Rachel on the computer, and loved it when she made the giggle by making funny faces!




It has been weird and pretty fun to have all the siblings together with no parents and without my kids. We are all growing up. Even Adam paid for his own breakfast! I hope we can all stay close over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Its good and bad all at the same time. You guys will just have to come visit in a few months!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!