To continue with backposting...
At the beginning of the month, there was a sale at Toysrus a few weeks ago and I went to see if I could find stuff for Max's birthday (So far, there's one good thing about a December Birthday-lots of sales!) I took Adam with me so he could keep the boys distracted in case I needed to grab something. And Geoffrey the giraffe came around the corner! It was so cute as soon as Max saw him he ran over with open arms and smile on his face. I can't wait to take him to Disneyland. He'll love it! The boys were enamored with Geoffrey!
Zac and Max were rough housing and Max hit is head on a dresser. His first goose egg. Its hard to see here.
Today, I "help" with the Thanksgiving Party at Zac's preschool too. This time I decided to do games. It was so much smoother and easy going (except I forgot the treats for winners!) We played Thanksgiving Bingo and Musical Turkeys. For Musical Turkeys, I just printed a bunch of different cartoon turkeys that I found on the internet and put them on the floor for the kids to dance/walk around like a cake walk. I downloaded a few turkey songs and when the music stopped that kid got a treat. So I guess it was more like a turkey walk?! Hey, it was 9:30 last night when I planning it out.
A snow storm came in this weekend. I hear its supposed to continue til Wednesday.
Right now, I am sitting here with my down coat on and the waterproof layer too. My feet are on a heating pad and my fingers are freezing. The thermostat says 69, but I swear its colder!
Zac was so excited to play in the snow today and this time Max got to go too. They both had a great time, until Zac threw a snowball at Max's face. I was on the phone in the house watching from the window. Max was sobbing. I was trying to decide if I should go out and help them, when Zac guiltily and quickly looked around and then took his glove off and wiped the snow off Max's face. I said, no snowballs. Max is too small still. Then Zac proceeded to be kind for the rest of the time.
Other things we've be up to this month: Visiting with great friends, who are willing to make the drive behind the Wasatch. Trying to stick to a budget. Trying to go to Provo less than once a week (the gas really adds up). Making a cake for a funeral for someone/a family I've never met or heard of. Making a recipe holder with the 8 year old scouts (thanks for the help, Dad). Having breakfast at a friend's, and completely forgetting that I was hosting a playgroup at my house (I was still in my pjs and house a mess. At least I brushed my teeth!) Bringing back date nights-Woohoo! SkullCandy girls night out. Hosting a recipe exchange RS meeting. Going to the gym 3 times a week (last week only 2x :( and feeling more fit. Zac learning to read. Jon so busy at work and tired at home-yet helping out a lot. Max taking more regular naps. Christmas/birthday shopping. Making a dinner menu and following it. The month flying by!
I can't wait for spring...i know, a bad sentiment. But I got myself motivated to go to the gym often, because it would help the time go faster, and its working!! My grandparents are coming for Thanksgiving and Rachel and Jeremy will be here too. A busy week ahead-not to mention potential Black Friday chaos!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have I told you I wanna be a cool mom like you when I grow up???
ReplyDelete