Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday, Jon!

The big 3-0! I didn't know what to do this year, I wanted to do something big, but it really wasn't doable. I also wanted to do a surprise. Jon was more probing this year, so the surprises surround his gifts didn't hold up, but I still was able to do a fun surprise.

Thursday, we went to the Jazz game.

Friday, we had a date night in Provo: Trying on running shoes for Jon at Runner's Corner.  The shoes are great and he has been able to finally run again without pain. (This week, April 12, he ran a 5k in 29 mins with no pain!) Then we had dinner at the Bombay House. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!.

Saturday, we were just going to have a family day at home...or so Jon thought.

But first of all, here is the perfect carrot cake! Isn't it beautiful!! Although I'll never stray from chocolate, each year do I enjoy this cake more than the previous year.


We had a pacho-narty for lunch-a munkafest/nordy pastime.



Then I surprised Jon and told him we were going to The Canyons Resort to stay the night and swim and just have a little getaway. (With his Canyons season pass through work, he gets a free night in winter and one in the summer at the resort. It was perfect!) We took the boys with us. After lunch we went to see the sequel to Diary of a Wimpy kid. It was pretty entertaining, but boys loved it and Max will randomly say, "Loded Diper"-not my favorite.

Then we went to Wingnuts for dinner and headed to the hotel.


There were 2 hot tubs on the roof. The ground was heated which was awesome!! This pool wasn't as hot as the other one.



The boys had fun with their diving sticks and we listened to people from around the country, talk about how Utah has the best snow on earth. After that we headed inside to have the birthday festivities.


Pardon all the pics, but I think Max and this interaction is so cute! Daddy is opening Max's gift to him.




I love how excited Max is! Soccer cones. (The original gift from Max was retro New Balance shoes, but they were en route. So we got these for Max to give so he wouldn't be left out.)


LOVE this!


Zac's present to Dad. They are reading the tag that Zac wrote by himself.


This is Zac excited anticipating look



New running shoes-Sauconeys



Sorry, I occasionally need some of me on this blog...


If you know Jon, you know this card is perfect!


A bit irritated with the button inside...hahaha!


We were pretty worried about setting the smoke detector off by using candles, so I just held the lighter on til he was ready to blow out the flame.


After a bit of a rocky time getting the boys to share a bed and an early morning with cable to entertain the boys. We had an AMAZING breakfast at The Cabin, a breakfast buffet at the main lodge. I so wish we could have all gone skiing, but that was not in budget this year! Then we all rode the gondola down to the parking lot and back. It was a great time! And so fun to do something different! Happy 30th Jon, this year's gonna be great! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!