Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another Door Hanging

This is almost exactly what I envisioned in my head. I was originally thinking of the stripes being something less sparkly. When I was thinking of what I could use, I thought of plastic table cloth, waterproof type material in streamer strips. But I didn't know where I'd find that. So I looked around in the trim section at Hobby Lobby (50% off! :) And found this sequin trim (that I love)! There were also floral picks with 3 stars of each color: red, white and blue. These stars are exactly what I pictured! I also got the gold trim to go with the flag theme. 

I love how it turned out. And like the Easter one, it was a bit tricky to get it to look the way I wanted. I got online and looked up measurement ratios for the real flag-this doesn't follow them. It was fun to use different tools to get the finished product. I used a saw, yard clippers, paint, sand paper, a drill and the smallest bit, glue gun, fishing line and wire. And of course my trim and stars. Fun project!!

 




(Friday, June 9, 8:30p--While writing this, the house windows are open, welcoming the cool breeze of the Heber Valley.  In the distance, notes of country twang from the State High School Rodeo Finals can be heard drifting in.)

2 comments:

We love comments!!