Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Campfire at Whiskey Springs

June 30

We were going to go camping, but it just seemed like too much work. So we decided to just go roast hot dogs over the campfire. First, we headed over to the farmers market on Main street in Heber and listened to some interesting music... then we headed up to Whiskey Springs. It was nice to be outside and enjoy nature.



Since Utah got soooo much snow and rain this year, the river was rushing by pretty fast. Jon found this long branch in the river and pulled it out and had fun balancing on it.


We played hide n' seek (when I say we, I mean them.  I observe and offer support to the kids as needed :)



The right way to eat a s'more is with melted chocolate!



Story telling is quickly becoming one of Zac's favorite things to do around a campfire. My creativity doesn't lie in that realm. So it tends to be a challenge for me. I pretty much tell a really dumb story, and then I don't have to worry how dumb it was because I didn't put any effort in! haha


Poppa was telling the story of "One-eyed Willy". Zac was pretty stressed out.



During the part where scouts one by one were loosing their eyes, Jon got a grape from dinner and took the skin off of it....and then put it in Zac's hand....Zac freaked out. He had thought it was Jon's eye! But when he realized it was just a trick, he was glad that he helped make the story more scary and real by his emotion. :)


The "eye"


At the end of the story, Zac telling us about his reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!