Friday, July 29, 2011

Crafting

July 5 and 6

It was nice to be able to fit a couple crafts in, especially with all the busyness of moving, unpacking, the holiday and family visiting. I sure miss doing crafts.

I've been wanting to make a flag banner like this for more than a year. I want to put one in the boys room. I found it at V and Co.

I haven't made it happen until Rachel's baby shower came. I search online about cute decorations and all. The theme was baseball. I really think all the decorations and details make it feel different and feel festive. Just like Secondsister says. (By the way I really want to go to this Spark Event....anyone want to go with me?!)

Ok, ok so I did this the very cheap way since I was doing different things to decorate and the games were a bit expensive too.

I bought about 1/4 of a yard of 6 different fabrics: baseballs in 3 different colors and 3 solid patterns in similar colors. I cut them in to charm pack size then cut the triangles. Then I bought muslin and made my own bias tape. All the cutting was a hassle. But sewing it all together was really simple and quick. And I LOVE how it turned out!




Lexie and I also made a diaper cake. This was my first one. We watched a couple tutorials on youtube before deciding how to proceed.  I don't love it (Lexie does :) the red and blue are baseball colors and the green is like the grass on the field), but it worked out well still. I think I'll do things differently next time with the ribbon and getting the accessories to stay on the cake. And I'd do the color scheme and ribbons differently. The middle is a bottle of martinelli's. We couldn't find a stuffed animal that was baseball themed so sewed this bear in a few places so it could hold Zac's baseball.

1 comment:

We love comments!!