I had strep throat for 4 days, then we had to get the house exceptionally clean (x2, which is another story). Then trying to plan things for the 4th of July weekend and plan ahead as I am planning my little sister's sweet 16 birthday, pool party. And we have family coming in town this weekend. So it just been busy. But this is a little bit of what we we've been up to before all this ...
Our Relief Society is doing these fun activities this summer, mom and child crafts, I love it. We made these garden stepping stones for June.
This is Zac's. His hand print and feet prints are in it too, but its hard to see.

Max's

Then for Father's Day, I surprised Jon with this great Weber Grill. We have been wanting a new grill for a long long long time. I had this planned for 3 weeks. The propane was hiding at a friend's house, the grill was at my sister's (thanks Rach, and for all the help with picking up and dropping off), and I won a BBQ utensil set at a game night=Perfect gift! We had New York Strip steaks for dinner and they were fantastic!!

Another day, we converted Max's crib into a toddler bed. Jon had been wanting to do this for a few weeks, but I was resistant. We finally did it and Max has done great. There was only one incident. When I was sick I was up at 2:45a and Max was crying and crying in the other room, after 10 mins I went to check on him and he was all the way under the bed. . . I could barely see his feet. Poor little guy. I have no idea how he got in that predicament, but I got him some warm milk and he went right back to sleep.


Max is growing up so fast these days. It seemed to take forever to hit some milestones, but he is doing great. He say lots of new sounds and says, ba for ball, and ca for car, and can say dut for duck. He really is a very smart kid. It is so fun to see him developing and so fast now that it is happening. He loves water, balls and animals, especially dogs. I just hope we can get him eating better. We are now exploring the possibility of reflux . . .
Then the neighborhood co-op was selling flats of strawberries and raspberries. And I had been wanting to make freeze jam for the last couple years. So I bought some strawberries for my mom and me and I bought some raspberries (88¢) at Sunflower Market for my mom and me too. Then we spent all day making freezer jam. It was pretty easy. I think we got about 42 cups each. I made strawberry, raspberry and a mix of the 2. And I want to make peach freezer jam in August. I love having these summer fruits and flavors during the crappy winter-Jon does too, he makes sure they are rationed and not all eaten before the end of the year.


Then Rachel and I went and got pedicures with glitter toes. And I LOVE the glitter toes more than I thought. I chose red and they look like Dorothy's ruby slippers! Hey, I need to embrace girl-i-ness in a house of boys, cars and balls :)


lol i know what you mean about posting. i've been feeling that way too. i love all the jam!
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to see you and your cute toes at he beach! Love, Aunt Lori
ReplyDelete