One of our neighbors told me about a family tradition that they do and we are going to add that to our traditions. Its a "Bethlehem Night" or dinner. Dress in shepherd type attire, make a simple dinner of crackers, cheese, meat, fruit (simple like in the days of Joseph and Mary). And eat on the floor on a blanket in front of the Christmas tree with only the Christmas tree lights on. Then talk about the nativity and watch "Joy to the World". Then give brown paper gift. A meaningful gift wrapped in brown paper with twine.
We were pretty busy that night so we only got to do part of it. But it was fun and we still enjoyed it.
The boys got a couple quiet books for church. One I made at the RS Friday Frenzy craft night.
Then with the help of someone in the ward I made a Book of Mormon stories book. I love it! And it references 20 stories.
I love the idea of the kids opening Christmas Pajamas on Christmas Eve. But I didn't want to spend so much and they have enough pj's this year. So I decided I would just make them some pajama pants. They are made of this way cozy material. To be honest, I really don't know what it is called. But its like a microfiber (maybe it is microfiber?), or a fluffier minky type material. I also wanted to make them slippers that matched. But that was over the top. I had too many other things to do. So the slippers may happen in the next month or so...?
The boys also love the pants! Maybe I will make myself a pair ;)
It was so fun to teach Zac the story of Jesus this year. We were able to use our little people nativity to teach him about it. It really helped him to see it visually and being to act it out himself. He remembered most of the story. Max was able to say "Jesus" and when he picked up the toy of the baby, he knew it was Jesus. It was so good to feel their love for the Savior even without full understanding of his his role. This has been a great year. And I am so grateful for the Savior and all he has done for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!