I spent most of Wednesday, tackling a couple errands, chatting on IM, and trying to make pies. I made some pretty rookie mistakes-even though I had made pies before :( And I didn't realize how basic making apple pie was. I bought pillsbury roll out pie crusts and they turned out great and easy. And I borrowed my moms apple peeler/slicer/corer contraption. I need to get me one of those. They just make eating apples more fun! Anyway, it was pretty simple. And Jon said he thinks it was his favorite apple pie. I took his mom's recipe, my mom's recipe, and one from the Martha Stewart website, and did a little of all of them. And all the amounts were estimates.
On Thursday, Jon made a trip to the gym, while I made cinnamon pull apart bread. Then we picked up Dave and after breakfast headed to a movie. That is my parents' family tradition. A movie on Thanksgiving day. We went and saw "Planet 51". It was pretty fun. It was Max's first movie theater experience. He did pretty well. He sat with Adam most of the time. The last 15 mins or so he got bored. Luckily, my mom still had some popcorn and I brought some Halloween candy. That kept his attention.


Zac wanted to go home and watch the movie again :)
Yum, good food! The last few years I have made an effort to not stuff myself so there would be room for pie and so my plate would fit all the dishes. This year, that went out the window. I was soo full-uncomfortably so.
The boys hanging out while we let the food settle.
Then we cleaned up, looked at ads for Black Friday to make a plan ;), watched "Elf", played outside, and some slept. Then we played a 7 player game called "Shadows Over Camelot". It was pretty fun. A 7 player game where we are all the good guys, playing against Evil, which is the deck of cards. Then we had pie. And headed home. Pretty good day :)
After getting the boys in bed, Jon was packing up for his camping trip, and I was looking over the ads that I "wanted" to hit the next morning. ("Wanted" is in quote because, I can't think of a more accurate word. Whats between "wanting" and "not wanting"?) I noticed Toys r' us opened at Midnight. Since it was 11:45, I decided I would head over and see what it was like, just drive by. . . .


Sounds, and looks, like you had a great Thanksgiving! You look so great! You and your hubby make a way good-looking couple :)
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!