Monday, January 18, 2010

BREAKING:


Jon started a new job today with Skullcandy! (They make headphones and are located in Park City for those who don't know.) He is the Online Marketing Manager, in charge of the website, customer experience, data base growth, special offers, loyalty programs, etc. His new boss was also his boss at Logoworks a couple years back. And they are excited to be working together again. We are both very excited for this great opportunity!

I also wanted to include a funny "eulogy" that a Neutron Interactive (his previous company) co-worker wrote for Jon:

Upon his departure I asked Jonathan what else he needed me to do to tie up any loose ends. His reply? A eulogy.

So Jonathan, this one’s for you…

------------------------------

Eulogy for a Cherished Coworker

Jonathan lived an amazing life while at Neutron. Jonathan was a great coworker; he was the kind of coworker that would stand his ground when he knew you were wrong and he was right. He once stood his ground with me. When I first started I thought that I knew how to write *whitepapers correctly. Apparently I did not, and Jonathan let me know. Yes, from that very moment I knew Jonathan and I had a special bond, a bond that went beyond instant messaging.

I remember once Jonathan told us that he had a perfect marriage. Many of us were jealous and resented his flawless relationship. We resented Jonathan. Not because we were in love with Jonathan but because Jonathan’s life was effortlessly wonderful. He knew how to succeed in every aspect of life.

Jonathan’s departure was sudden. I remember when I heard the news I simply could not believe it. Jonathan was too young but as it slowly occurred to me, I realized that Jonathan indeed lived his time here at Neutron to the fullest. Jonathan was well–loved and he did so many things for this office that I’m positive he will continue to do great things in his next venture.

I will forever be grateful that Jonathan was there at the right time in the right place to save my *whitepapers from sucking. I will forever be grateful for spending a little over 5 months of my life with a coworker like him. All the memories I have shared with him will forever be cherished and remembered. Jonathan will forever live in my heart… in our hearts.

Jonathan is now moving on and we are left behind mourning. But let us remember that this is not a time for us to grieve his departure; it’s our time to celebrate his life. Don’t ever forget Jonathan. He never wanted to see people cry. He wanted to make everyone happy. So at this moment when we are about to put his computer to rest, let’s all think back and remember how Jonathan touched our lives. How he made us laugh and how good Jonathan was as a person. This is not the moment for us to shed tears but to be thankful that we were given the chance to have known a man named Jonathan.

Jonathan will forever be missed but I know in the right time I will see Jonathan again. We will all see Jonathan again and when we do, he will make us laugh.

So out of respect and gratitude for a dear coworker and friend I want to say thank you. Thank you, Jonathan, for being a part of my life and an inspiration to all.

(*Dramatized: My whitepapers always kicked A without Jonathan’s help.)

-- Doree Speidel

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know he is switching to Skullcandy! Kinda crazy, I hope he likes it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats jon! love that you got a new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love skull candy- they were stocking stuffers this Christmas!:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!