This is how my wreath came out. I love it!! And it was pretty simple. It looks almost like roses to me.
I have made Valentine's treats with Lexie for the last 2 years. But this year things seemed too busy to coordinate. I got together with my friend Amanda. She has this AMAZING recipe for soft, moist sugar cookies! They are fantastic! And I love making the big ones.
This is what I decided to sent to David the week of Valentines, in the MTC. I doubled the batch to get enough big ones to give away and to keep some. It took forever to roll out, cut, and bake. The dough is sooo sticky (but that's what make them so good!), and the bigger thicker cookies need to bake longer. I barely got out the door to take the cookies to mail services. I got there 5 mins before the MTC pick up time!
Zac did Valentine's for preschool this year.
We headed to Salt Lake and window shopped at the Gateway. Then we stopped for a late lunch at Biaggi's. I ordered this PERFECT butternut squash ravioli in a sage butter sauce with toasted walnuts. Seriously, it was divine!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We both did a half pasta, half salad thing. The salad was really good too. I got the wedge salad with half blue cheese dressing and half ranch. It was quiet and nice, except for the one couple that was totally making out at their table every 2 mins! All the people working there were irritated, as was I. Get a room people! And seriously, at the bottom of the escalator at the baggage claim at the airport, get a room people, its disgusting to see!!
Then we headed to Cabela's the hunting/camping/fishing capital. We'd never been there. Its a pretty amazing place. . . We shopped for a GPS for Jon. We have been saving for one. Then we came home and watched the Olympics with the boys. It was a great day!


Your wreath is adorable! That's on my 'to do list' but when I went to buy a heart shape I couldn't find one...I waited too long I guess. So I'm going to make one for St. Patty's day...hopefully!
ReplyDelete