Monday, August 30, 2010

Aug 10: Heber Valley Railroad

Over the previous school year, we carpooled to preschool with a few other families in the Ward. After carpool the kids would usually have a playdate at the house of whomever did the carpool.  We decided to keep the preschool playdates going this summer. We did 1 hour of learning and 1 hour of play... generally. We did this once a week through the summer. I wanted to still keep my week, and was able to arrange a field trip of sorts.

Angie and Megan were able to come up here with their kids and we went to the Heber Valley Railroad. We got stood up by the tour guide... so one of the ticket sales girls gave us the tour. We got to get on the old people car and it smelled really old. But it was cool to see.


Then she let us going in a diesel engine.



The whole group minus me. There was surprisingly a lot of room in there for what I expected.



Max wasn't ready to get off the train.



The outside of the engine.


Then she took us in the mechanics shop where they were refinishing a people car and repairing a steam engine. We got to see the inside piece of a steam engine, and train wheels off the train. It was pretty cool.

Then we came back to our house and had lunch before they all headed back to Provo. It was a fun train experience. We really want to take a ride too. But the tickets are so pricey. I think we'll go when all the fall colors are here, and try to make it to the Polar Express this year.

1 comment:

  1. O how I miss those cute little boys!!!! I can't wait to hold and squeeze them at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!