Its been forever since I've blogged, it feels like. I just haven't felt like it. And the more I get behind the harder it is. We have been here in Heber Valley for a little over a month now. Things are pretty up and down for me. The ward is great and everyone is so friendly. We were invited to dinner on Sunday with some new neighbors. They have boys the same ages as our, and are fun to be with. The sceneary is beautiful and the weather is actually really nice. But I am not a small town girl...yet anyway. I am still going to Provo all the time. I hope I can begin to manage that better as we get settled and school starts. Anyway, I guess I'll just jump right in.
We are renting the house we are in now. I haven't been so open on my blog, with feelings and thoughts and such for fear of being judged and my inconsistent self-confidence. But I will attempt to be more so after reading the blog post at the link in the previous post. Its a great entry.
So to give a brief summary of the last 8 months here goes: Before Jon started his job at SkullCandy in January, we knew that we would need to figure out what to do about the commute. It was too long for us. We knew that it would only be something our family could sustain temporarily. We looked into renting out our house in Provo and then moving to SLC or Heber and renting there. But after 30 days there was NO interest to rent our home. With the market crash, we could not afford to drop the rent to be competitive and supplement the rent enough to pay the mortgage, and rent something else that would fit our family. Through much prayer, consideration and research, we decided to try and short sell our house as opposed to owing the bank 40k, after selling the home. We were lucky enough to be approved for the short sale. The bank was very quick and on top of things with us. They knew us as the family who had the "150-mile-daily commute". Anyway, our Realtor advised us to be aggressive but still getting the required sales price for the bank, and after one offer fell through we got a solid one and sold the house in three and half months. It really seems like a miracle with all the other stories I hear about people trying to sell in the current market. We found this house to rent just 2 weeks before we closed on our house. We have been lead every step of the way through this whole process. I know this was and is what is right for our family right now.
As for our current place, we still need to put stuff up on the walls and I am going to change my bedding, and we sold our old plaid couches that we've had our whole marriage and replaced them with Ikea decor. So I will post more pictures later when all that is done. But for now.
This is driving past Jordanelle. I love the "big sky" affect. The sky and clouds are just beautiful here, and unfortunately no pictures I can take will ever do it justice.
Dining into family room on the left. Stairs up to bedrooms.
Downstairs bathroom off the garage door and laundry room
Kitchen. Its almost the same layout as the last kitchen so it is pretty easy to cook in. And was easy to unpack, because everything already had a place. I miss my colored cabinets though.
Looking down from the stairs. The formal front room is to the left, not pictured
Storage space, a big deciding factor for us. We looked all over the Sugarhouse, millcreek, foothill, areas in SLC and in the Heber Valley. This house had most of the amenities we wanted/needed in a reasonable price range.
Masterbed
Masterbath
We got this cheap swingset to since we left the other one at the house, and we plan to leave this one too. I put most of it together all by myself! Jon and I got the frame and slide on one evening and when I went to put the swings on the next day I realized we put the top bar on upside down! I really wanted to get it done by the end of the day since Jon was so busy with work. I was able to tip the set over and very trickily undo some choice bolts and finagle things to turn the bar the right way. It was pretty hard and I had NO IDEA what I was doing. I can't believe I didn't just give up! I just kept moving along, trying something different til it worked and praying I wouldn't break it. It felt so good to have it all done by the time Jon got home!
This is a better picture of the view out the back yard. And as you can see it is a HUGE yard! Half an acre I believe, it takes Jon 90+ mins to mow it. There is no fence or back door, which is so annoying, but we're dealing. Beautiful views!
A few weeks ago we had lots of thunderstorms there were a couple nights where the thunder was rolling all night it seemed. The sunsets are gorgeous here when there are clouds.
This is the otherside of the sky that night. So cool
I love seeing the outline of the mountain when the sun goes down. You can see a planet out there too. The lone star til the night gets darker.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The house looks nice, but I can see how annoying the lack of fence and back door is. The backyard looks so massive, poor Jon, but yay for room to play. I hope you adjust to the small town okay. I bet when you get to know more people you won't need to go to the bigger cities as frequently. On the plus side, at least you have bigger cities close to you. That's the one thing that bothers us the most here, Reno is 2 1/2 hours away and there's nothing really in between. By the way, we are planning on coming to Provo Labor Day weekend. I don't know if you guys will be around, but it would be nice to see you.
ReplyDeletelooks like a nice area! gorgeous pictures of the sunset. we live out in the country too...so I know how you feel. We wanted a big yard for the boys to run around in, so we looked for a place outside of town. We can hear the sheep (and smell them) most of the time.
ReplyDeleteThe last sky photos are exactly why I love love love Heber. One time we were in Midway and it has just rained. With all the foliage and growth it felt like we were in Europe and in a far away land. Its amazing. I love it. I hope that you continue settling and that it becomes "home".
ReplyDelete