Thanks for your comments! Its nice to know who I'm talking to! :)
I have really been getting stir crazy here so I decided rather than get the traditional card Valentine's in a box, I would look up some old ideas in my email that I have saved over the last year or two. There are some good ones that I will wait til Zac can appreciate them more. But I saw these matchbook ones a year or two ago. I originally liked the idea from Sherelle Christensen. Then 2 weeks ago when I looked it up again, I followed the trail and found the paint swatch idea on Embellishing Life. The best part about it was it was FREE!!
I got these paint swatches at a local hardware store. I decided to choose many colors so it wasn't too girlie. Zac picked what color each classmate would get.
Zac was very excited to help out
Scoring the swatch so it will fold nicely and straight.
These are the folded and stapled matchbooks
I had lots of felt left over from the heart garland/strings. It went perfect with the paint swatches!
We did add some candy. Individual bags of conversations hearts. Zac wrote his name on the back for the from and I wrote the rest since the pen smeared on the paper. I'm so glad he loved giving these out!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's really cute! Growing up, all I ever did was a cut out construction heart with some cheesy phrase to go along with the candy inside. But this is pretty near brilliant!
ReplyDelete