July 2
This will have minimal commentary
I've been going to the Provo Freedom Festival for years and year. I love it. Sadly, it has gotten more commerical over the years. Anyway, this fire department trailer has been there every year and I've never been able to catch the tour. But this year we did! The boys had a good time.
There is a simulation of a little house. And the firefighter talks about fire safety.
With fake smoke and smoke detector too
The kids then climb down the latter on the balcony off the upstairs "bedroom"
Since we missed Strawberry Days this year...(Jon had strep and we moved some stuff to the new house) We made sure the boys got to do a couple things.
The swings
They loved it!
And a few runs on a bounce house
Then we met up with Jon's whole family, minus Dave, the missionary. We had an early dinner at Brick Oven-sooo good. Then we headed to their hotel to play in the pool...well, half of us did anyway. Then we walked to the stadium for the big show.
I loved that they had parachuters drop into the stadium it was so cool and it really brought the feeling of patriotism. They had 4 jumpers. Each one had different colors, red, white and blue.
Then the last one was red, white AND blue with the American Flag.
Cute Max, having fun clapping to, David Archuleta, I think.
The Fam
I think Cory was getting some food. I didn't want to miss the photo op. But I should have waited-sorry
Brad Paisley performing. Lexie was somewhere in the stadium in dreamland :) Paisley was pretty good. Im not a country music fan, but I really did enjoy the performance.
I actually remembered to bring the glow sticks this year! Half of them didn't work, unfortunately. But there was a enough to go around and have fun with.
One of Zac's broke and spilled on his shirt. He was pretty stressed about it. Silly boy.
The fireworks show was phenomenal. It was choreographed and was the most enjoyable show I've ever seen. I love the finale with all the booms!
Then we headed home. We only hit about a mile of traffic that took us about 10 mins to get through. And it was timed perfectly because Max had to pee and it was a more rural road so I just ran him to a shadow with some bushes. I really know how to get around Provo during high traffic! ;) Mostly the key is where you park and where you need to go. We got home around 12:15a. But it was a fun day! I sure love the Fourth of July!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Looks like you had a fun holiday! We were at Brick Oven that night too. Too bad we didn't run into you. I love the 4th! You're hair looks so cute, by the way. I love the bangs! Hope you guys are doing great.
ReplyDelete