Friday, November 18, 2011

Rachel's Baby Shower

July 9 -- Since this was more than 6 months ago . . .  I don't remember much. I was pretty excited that Rachel was finally having a baby and eager to plan a baby shower for her. I know how much my baby showers helped me be prepared to have a baby. I got together with Michelle, Rachel's MIL and Ashley, her SIL and we planned a baseball theme shower-inspired by Jeremy the daddy-to-be.  Church buildings are not my favorite place to have a party--but there wasn't a home option and it worked really good because there were sooo many people who came and there wouldn't have been any room at a house! It was a lot of fun and there was so many cute ideas how there. But with budget we need to keep things in check. Michelle did all the food and quilted lots of baby blankets and Ashley helped with food prep and made some cute things to help decorate and make it festive. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I got these from Ashley.

For the games we played the price is right, using all the baby stuff on the left of the table, and prizes were Bath and Body works swag.

We also played a nursery rhyme game, and had a diaper raffle (which was awesome!)



I've been wanting to make a bunting for the last few years and I finally got around to doing it.  I thought it turned out great. And hoped Rachel could use it in the baby's room to decorate too.



Ashley made this great baseball banner



Here are the food tables



I saw this in another blog, little boy onesies on a clothes line. So cute! They are all baseball themed too.



Oh also, I think there may be a post earlier about this. But I made the diaper cake, and the diaper raffle prizes were Skullcandy headphones.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't really post related, but you look great in that last picture! I love the way your hair looks. All the work on the baby shower looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!