Yesterday was a pretty great day. The kind of perfect day that I imagine a little family having everyday. But it just doesn't happen that way-at least for us. Jon has been sick for the last week or so and seems to be getting over it. So on Saturday night he got good nights sleep, and woke up and got the boys ready for church while I slept in. He was very patient with everything, even when I left closet door open to reveal my clothes and shoes all over the floor of it, for the millionth time. Then we made it to church just in time. The talks were great, and on just the topic I wanted to hear about, and I got to hear about half of them through helping the boys be quiet. My classroom was pretty cold, but I didn't have to teach :) And we played games for the lesson, for a review of the year.
When we got home and changed into warm pajamas, Jon had a YM leadership meeting, and the boys played while I made an early dinner. And I was actually in the mood to cook. I made this great
Gourmet Chinese Chicken Salad. I found it on a blog that I follow.
Doesn't it look delicious?!

Well, it was! I added Pineapple to it because I just couldn't come off my initial impression that the oranges were pineapple. And I didn't have hot sauce, but I borrowed some spicy peanut sauce from my friend and the dressing was fantastic!
Then we assembled our new Guess Who? game and taught Zac how to play, and played a few rounds. He loves that game!
We all cleaned the kitchen together then broke out the new hotwheels ("Fast Lane") track. The boys loved it! It was one of my ToysRus door busters, and was the last one left.

The power station.

Then we got the kids ready for bed and in bed by 7:15p. Bliss, I tell ya, bliss! Then we spent the next 5 hours hanging out, shopping online for a camera, watching a movie, and eating candy. And the next day Zac was an angel. I think we may have to make 7:00p bedtime a routine. . .which will be tricky since Jon doesn't get home til 6:15p on average.
Anyway, I just wanted to document that great day.


Isn't 7pm betime the best?? We do it here and LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteLove those days. Glad you got to have one. They don't happen often, huh. At least not around here...We will get together soon. This week is just bonkers for me...
ReplyDeleteAmanda