Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fourth of July: Part 2

Sunday we had a BBQ and games with my family.

Part 2: Monday

I did my fourth 5k of the summer, the Provo Freedom Run. I did my average time. I thought I did better though because the clock at the finish line was off. So that was a let down. But the last part of the race was uphill for a good distance, and I ran the whole way. I was so proud of myself! I did have to walk for about a block after that. I had my headphones on the whole time so running on the parade route wasn't as intriguing as I expected.  But it was fun and I am so glad I did it.

I didn't get the memo that you could pick up the number and chip the days before the race so I was stressed to get them before the race since the starting line was about a half a mile away from the registration tables.  Jon was amazing as usual and got up to drive me around so I wouldn't have to wake up way way way early.



I ripped this pics off of the runner pics website.

This during the race a little more than half way, with Jon's old shades on, I left mine at my moms.  For some reason I always run with my thumbs up-Jon likes to tease me about it.


My sister, Rachel did the 10k, so after my race I grabbed some water and food, and went out to watch for her.  I decided to finish the race again, but this time with her. It was pretty fun to do that, especially because I had my energy back.


Then we headed down to the Parade. Rachel's In-laws always have a great spot, and they let us come sit with them.

The whole group



My cute boys, I sure love them



Then we went to the Freedom Festival which was crazy hot. I was hoping to find these PVC pipe noodle swords for the boys. I got some last year and they loved them all year, but they are starting to fall apart. One booth was out, another had some cheaper ones, but I thought there weren't anymore. But after I bought them 10 mins later I found the ones I wanted at another booth...darn. The boys were exhausted and hot as was Jon, so we just headed home.

We had a BBQ with the WGR friends, and then we did fireworks on our own. It was actually pretty fun this year.

It was a such a nice weekend to take a break and not think about all the craziness that was ahead, with selling the house, finding a rental to move into, packing up, etc.


I sure love the freedoms we have to put on such events, to participate in them, and to decide and make our lives what we want them to be!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to point out how absolutely amazing you look! You can't be the mother of two!
    Good job on getting one more 5K under your belt. I love how you are achieving these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan-tastic. I love you and aaaallllll of your hard work. You are priceless. Looks like you had a fun 4th! :) I hope you put pictures up of your new house soon.

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!