Back in the middle of June, I put the kids in more swimming lessons. They were "safe" in the water, but really could not swim and play without clinging. So I found some lessons that were less expensive and focused on swimming progression. I had mixed feelings. They didn't like the kids to be "drown proof" because they need to rethink things when it comes to getting to the side, and they need to learn how to swim with their face in the water, so they lost some of their back floating skills. The other swim lessons would have taught them to swim face in the water, but it would have taken longer, which means more money and time. But I love the technique they learned at the other lessons.
Anyway, I am still pleased with their progress with the second set of swimming lessons. Zac just needs to get the confidence to know he can really do it alone.
Here are 3 videos of them:
Zac jumping off the diving board. Can you tell he has to pee? I love/hate how the girl behind him is nudging him. The first time he was on the board she actually pushed him off!
Here Zac is going down the slide at the pool
And Max jumping off the diving board
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I cannot believe how big they are getting! It just reminded me of how long its been since we've seen each other... how long has it been exactly?! : )
ReplyDelete