Max hasn't begun huge fits ......no that's not exactly true. He'll start crying for something seemly so ridiculous (yesterday, he did it when Zac splashed in puddles and got Max's pant leg all wet) but he can work himself up within a couple minutes to where he can't breathe and starts the beginning signs of passing out from lack of air: losing balance and pitching backward while I'm holding him. Luckily, he never has passed out. I have no idea what I'd do if he did.
He is a very stubborn kid. (I read a book about strong-willed children last month and it has really helped and opened my eyes to understand/deal the strong-willed.) Max is much more stubborn than Zac.
This is his defiant, "I'm NOT eating dinner, just chips and sour cream" look.
When told he won't get anymore sour cream until he eats a bite of dinner, he has to get down from the table and throws himself on the floor. But this is pretty much the extent of his fits. He'll get sent to bed otherwise, so he controls himself.
But Zac, that's another story!! He really struggles to control himself. He is very sensitive to emotions. (Which also has its positives, because he can be really in tune when someone in the family needs help.) I don't even know why he is throwing such a huge fit. Its also interesting that he can go from 5-60 in less than 2 seconds! You'd think he was 2 yrs old with this fit!
Sad, I know. But I just had to document it for the future. These fits are a lot less frequent as he is getting older. I think lots of it has to do with being hungry and tired. He doesn't sleep as much since the boys have shared a room. He can tell when he is falling asleep, whether its nap time or nighttime and he'll hum or sing to keep himself awake. In the morning he doesn't sleep in.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh kids! Sorry they give you a rough time, but I'm glad Zack is getting better.
ReplyDelete