Friday, December 23, 2011

I Crashed the Honda Pilot

Aug 3 --
By this time, I was 7 weeks pregnant and been feeling morning sick, but if I kept food in my system, I was ok. We were heading to Max's post op appt for his tubes, in American Fork. I was going down American Fork Main Street, 2 mins from the dr office, thinking about when and what I was going to eat next. And I guess I zoned out, (you know those times when you drive a mile and you don't even remember what you passed or that you drove that part?) And I wasn't paying attention to the lights. The Yukon in front of me had run a few yellows before me, and I'd followed her through, and I was doing the same thing, but she stopped at the light and I didn't notice in time to stop myself. When I noticed, I slammed on my brakes and as I was sliding toward the back of their car, I thought, "I'm not going to stop in time"...and I was right :(








Long story here, and I'm not in the mood to go into details. Everyone is fine. The Max's dr comes to meet us at the station (where we waited for Jon to come from Park City to pick us up) to do the post op. Best dr ever!  It takes THREE weeks for the insurance company to decide that the car is indeed a total loss. The engine block was cracked and who knows what more behind that. Driving a crappy Chevy HHR (sorry, if that offends anyone) for a month. Strong used car market, means we can't get the same caliber of car for what the insurance company offers us. There is just nothing like it out there. We comfortably, settle for a year older model, 2005 Acura MDX with more miles, but hey it was half the price of the pilot and still meets all of our needs and it has seat warmers! I sure miss my pilot though.

1 comment:

We love comments!!