Friday, December 23, 2011

Max Gets Another Set of Tubes

Aug 2 --
Max was having trouble hearing again so I went to get his ears checked out and there was lot of fluid and the previous tubes had fallen out 6 months to a year previously-I think. So we decided he'd need tubes again. With the shape of his jaw and small size, he'll probably keep needing them til his a teen and he grows enough for the jaw to pull away from the ear so it'll start to drain on its own.

At American Fork hospital waiting for the dr.


This hospital is awesome. I actually sad I won't be delivering this baby there. My other 2 were. There was a girl who was in charge of making sure the young patients were happy and comfortable. She brought him a hat to wear, and a nice little doll that was dressed in a gown like him that he could draw a face on. And he got to look and the gas mask and he also got a little wooden car. I think these things REALLY helped him be distracted and comfortable. I'm very grateful for this service.



Afterwards. Getting oxygen so he can recover from the anesthesia faster. He had a rougher time coming out of it this time. He threw up a few times before we made it home. In addition to more tubes (3rd set in one ear and 4th in the other) his adenoids were starting to grow back and there was a lot of puss and infection so the dr lasered those down again too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!