Monday, December 6, 2010

First Time Ice Skating

For Thanksgiving we wanted to start some traditions for our family. We were going to go hiking but we got a couple storms in the last month, that made it not ideal for hiking with the kiddos. So we decided we'd go ice skating in Midway. The first time I went here was back my sophomore year of college with Callie and her ward.

The boys were pretty excited. Although they had no idea what ice skating required. I forgot how much I didn't know how to skate. On my own I am pretty mediocre, but with the kids....

Before getting on the ice.





A nice older man saw us struggling to get the boys to move correctly, and told us to have them put the arms straight out and march. It would help them start to balance. Zac did great, but could tell that Jon was a stronger help than I.


About to fall


Frustrated


Max's low muscle tone was pretty apparent here. He could hardly stand or keep his ankles straight. So with sore backs Jon and I took turns holding Max up so his blades stayed straight and slid on the ice. But he loved it anyway.



We made sure to have the boys do great before getting off the ice, so they would remember the fun parts.


Then we rushed over to my parents house with the pies for Thanksgiving. We met my grandparents and the family at the movies. We saw Despicable Me.  We picked up Emily to join us for dinner. We had good food. Then Rachel and Jeremy came over for games and dessert. There were lots of sweets. And we ineffectively played the game, Bang. We all have ADD when it comes to learning a new game. Its pretty comical to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!