Tuesday, December 21, 2010

MoTab and David A

Last weekend we were able to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, in SLC. David Archuleta was the guest singer. It was a pretty good time. We went with Rachel and Jeremy, they had just gotten into town a couple days before. It was good to get to do a double date with them. We sure miss them now that they live in Phoenix.




Our seats were in the Tabernacle, since there was such a high demand for tickets this year. We wanted to have plenty of time to eat before the show and still get to our seats so they wouldn't be given away to standby. But with an unexpected work issue that came up, we weren't going to have enough time to eat. Gratefully, Jon drove through Wendy's so I could get something to hold me over. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood to go to downtown SLC on a busy cold night, with traffic and pedestrians all over, and hard to find parking where you have walk blocks to the building. But Jon was able to help me loosen up and just enjoy. It was a great performance.



Jon putting out fires at work. 





I never watched American Idol the year David was on, so I didn't really see him perform. But he was amazing. I was so surprise at how much I enjoyed listening and watching him.  It was a good show.  There were also 6 ladies sitting on the row behind us, that had come from all over the country just to see David. They were between the ages of 30 and 65.

The ladies on the row behind us



They had all met on blogs. One lady had a map and had all the ladies sign their name on the location they were from. As well as find other ladies they met online in different seats in the tabernacle. They had seen the show the night before too. This was their second time. While David was singing "Silent Night" and hit the high note, one of the ladies behind us gasped, and was sobbing....interesting.. but nonetheless, it was very moving to listen to the music.

Saving seats for Rachel and Jeremy. I think it took them 2 hours to get to SLC from Provo. The traffic was so bad. She says Phoenix has tons more people and traffic, but at least it moves.


Rachel and Jeremy

After the performance we went to Red Rock Brewery for dinner. Good food. Then we got home about 11:30. I think that was the longest we'd ever hired a babysitter. She was here for 7.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!