We woke up Wednesday at 2:15a (yes, in the morning). We went to bed around 11:30p and slept pretty lightly, fearing we may miss the flight. Skullcandy chartered a flight for most of the company. Our international flight left at 6a so we had to be at the airport at 4a. We left our house about 3a. I was pretty emotional about leaving the boys, hoping we'd all return safely to each other.
It was so nice to come in to SLC and see the lights before 3a. It made me wish I lived in a bigger city. Driving back and forth to Utah county is really annoying.
This pic was take on my phone as we ascended to cruising altitude. The moon was very pretty.
I've probably only been on a plane a handful of time, so its still kind of facinating to me to be up there.
The sun rising over the clouds
The cabin noise was pretty loud seeing that everyone knew each other. I also heard in the back of the plane they were playing loud music and getting a little tipsy. The flight attendant had to ask several times for people to sit down and get out of isles so they could start the drink service. It was pretty comical. It was pretty impossible to get comfortable enough to sleep on the plane.
We landed around 11:00a. The time zone was the same so that was nice. There were about 5 other planes landing within the same 15 mins period. We had to wait on the tarmac for a little bit before we could get off. I had to go to the bathroom and was starting to feel a bit claustrophobic.
I loved the warm air! But then as we waited in line at customs it started to get sticky fast! I'd never been in a humid climate before.
There were 3-4 charter busses to take us to the resort.
Leaving the airport.
It was fall in Costa Rica, perhaps that's why it wasn't as green and jungly as I expected. The bus ride to the resort was about an hour. This is what we saw along the way...
(cemetery)
(skinny cows)
(mowing the golf course-I feel like this mowing our yard!)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!