Post 8 of 10-
On Saturday, we were picked up at the resort at 8:15a. She was a really nice, very pregnant woman, who's husband runs the boat. They moved to Costa Rica from Germany like 13 years ago. She was also talking about Skullcandy and asked for my towel-funny. (Jon gave her his towel when she dropped us off at the resort when we were done.) She took us to the shore and her husband came and got us in the dinghy and took us to the cruiser.
We rode for about 15 mins to find the first place where we stopped to snorkel. I've never been snorkeling before. It was pretty nervous, but ready to try something new.
To help us stay afloat and not get too tired the captain helped us tie life jackets around our waists. It was soo strange to breathe under water. I honestly was hyperventilating a little, worrying about breathing under the water and not letting the waves push me into the jagged rocks and not touching any fish.
Our camera is not water proof so unfortunately we didn't get to take pictures of all the things we saw. The captain and his partner went out to find cool things for us to see. This was the second puffer fish. The first one felt like really coarse sand paper. This one had sharp spines. They stayed puffed the whole time even after they swam down to the bottom to get away.
We saw lots of fish, and a sting ray (scary! one of Jon's coworkers got stung the day before and it hurt a ton!) We got to hold some star fish and touch a little octopus. The octopus was amazing! I wish wish wish we had a picture! It was very silky feeling. I expected it to feel rubbery. I've never had much experience with sea animals. So it was strange to see the octopus try to jump out of the captains hands, just like a hamster or chick might.
Then we got back in the boat and went to another spot. There were jelly fish all over! They didn't sting though. They also didn't have tentacles. As you can see they look a bit like implants! But they were slimy and sticky. I really did not want to go in the water, but I couldn't just sit in the boat!
It was disgusting to swim with the jellies!! Seriously, you couldn't swim without one touching you! It sure gave me the heebee jeebees!! I had to really distract myself from jerking away everytime, otherwise I wouldn't get anywhere!
Some people were throwing the jellies, like a snowball fight- funny! We also saw pelicans close up, more star fish, and another sting ray. I don't know what else they saw because I was pretty freaked about the jellies touching me.
The water wasn't as clear as I expected, but it was a great time and I'm glad we went. It was awesome to get out on a boat! I really really love boating!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!