Jon's been wanting to go camping this summer with the fam. Last year we didn't camp at all, with moving and being pregnant and other busyness. Initially, I wasn't going to go at all. Enzo and I would go up for dinner and a fire and then head home for the evening. He is such a good baby and generally, sleeps good. I decided if we went to a campsite that was close and I could come home if I wanted, then I would try it.
We went to wasatch state park in Midway. Jon had that day off, (well, he still worked from home half the day) it was wonderful to have him help so much in getting ready! There's no way I could've done it alone. And we actually had time to cook dutch oven instead of just hot dogs!
It was sooo hot when we got there. Setting up the tent was not fun. It was also tricky because Enzo was tired, hot, and sweaty. I couldn't get him to sleep more than 15 mins in my arms.
We met our friends the Thunell's up there too. It was great to camp with friends. The boys had a blast playing with their boys of the same age :)
Enzo hanging out in the car since it was so sweaty in his carseat. Max helping him look at a book.
The campsite didn't have much shade. There was a lot of privacy which was nice though.
Out the back corner of the site there were a few stairs to some trails that connected all the campsites and the boys loved playing back there and using that way to get to our friends campsite too!
Friends!
After dinner, getting Enzo to settle down before putting him to bed.
Roasting marshmallows
Jon telling a scary story
Enzo slept really good that night! And it was such a warm night so I didn't have to worry about him being cold. He woke up about 5:30a to eat. Unfortunately, the thermos we brought for hot water didn't work that well. The bottle wasn't warm enough. Enzo would NOT drink it! I was stressed thinking what are we going to do?! We didn't even bring the camp stove b/c our friends brought theirs. Then I remembered that the bathrooms had HOT, RUNNING water!!!!! YES!! I had to wake Jon up to keep Enzo placated while I ran to get warm water. I had to toss the whole 6 oz bottle that was not warm enough :( But gratefully he ate great, then went back to sleep after a little while. I think it was too light outside for him to fall asleep quickly. Then he slept til 8 or so. He squirms out of his little bed roll every night.
Max slept the longest! I can't believe it! Normally, he wakes up first. Zac was the first one up this time. He was up at 5:30a when Enzo got up and had a hard time falling back to sleep.
The Thunell's made breakfast and we hoped to hang out for a while up there, but it was sooooo hot!! We just cleaned up and headed home.
I'm soooo glad it was a success!! Again, another time when our eyes were opened to how people with babies actually go and do things-if they have good babies! :)
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!