Jon was great and woke up and got the boys breakfast and made the cakes, all before I got out of bed!
My adorable little three year old Max!
I've decided that we are going to take it easy with birthdays. We are going to try and not do friend parties for the next couple years. So to make it still feel festive. I wanted to get it all decorated with the Spider-man theme. The spiderweb is from Halloween. It was a great addition! Max has been really wanting a spider-man lately. We watched spider-man for the first time with him a few months ago.
I was really excited to do these simple, fun themed cupcakes. Max had picked out a "pink" (strawberry flavored) cake mix a couple weeks ago. He was set on having that for his cake...so it worked out to have redish cake and blue and black spiderwebs.
We had my family over for a late lunch/early dinner, Hawaiian haystacks. We had our ward Christmas party later that day and were hoping to do both events.
Then we had a silly string war (spiderwebs). Max thought it was so cool!
So satisfied that he did it!
But I don't want any back
It was pretty fun for everyone involved!
Woah, Buddy! Intense!
When it started getting on Max, he was pretty upset about it.
When we explained to him that they were "spiderwebs" he was ok with it.
Something I failed to think through was where to have this war. We had black and blue silly string. The black stained the carpet.
This stuff got all over
This is so not me to be this "reckless". But honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal to clean up, everyone helped. And everyone had a good time. Even though it may taken me 20 min of scrubbing 30 square feet of carpet on my hands and knees after the party. It was quite a work out, but it looks like I got everything out.
Jake making a face out of the silly string that was on the table.
Ha ha there was even some in Zac's ear!
Then Max opened presents.
Ironman!
My cute boy
Spider-Man! Finally!
Zac got him a Mickey Mouse Playhouse set.
He also got his first RC car. He LOVES it! And so does Zac... ;)
Eating just the frosting.
Here are Max's leftovers
I think Max had a great time!
Jon was great as usual and put our family first. There was a work crisis going on. But he stay with us through the party. We didn't end up going to the Christmas party. But after the kids were in bed, we took a break, ordered pizza takeout from a place in Midway, Cafe Galleria, and watched Sherlock Holmes. Even with the work stress, it was a good day...for me anyway...
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It looks like you had a ton of fun!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you threw a great party. I bet Max was excited. And the silly string spider webs were a great idea and your cupcakes looked super awesome. Way to go. What a mom.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Max! I just love you and I hope you had a great birthday! you're my little man, I miss you so much! kisses!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day for max! I feel the same way about friend parties...after Nate's party a couple years ago, I thought it best to chill out for the next few. It is fun to plan them, but stressful once it is go time. Anyway, great job...I love your ideas. :)
ReplyDeleteAmber