Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Canopy Zipline

Post 9 of 10-
After we finished snorkeling, we had lunch at the resort and got ready for our canopy tour. It was about 30 mins away. And it wasn't that fantastic. We saw one monkey, some iguanas, and two vultures. We were hoping to see lots of monkeys and toucans and other such animals. Maybe they aren't around in the fall season?

There were 9 cables, and we were up there for about 2 hours I guess. They didn't have enough people to man all the platforms so when there were about 10 of us gathered on one platform someone would come from the one behind and send us to the next one.



This is the hut where we all got suited up



The one monkey was just above the hut watching us


All geared up


One of the cable operators giving us directions on how to ride the cable without smashing your hand, how to break to slow down, and how to get to the end if you stop short.


These are the stairs to the first platform. I never thought I was afraid of heights....but this made me a little woozy!



Jon and Max

Seeing that I was a little anxious up here, I didn't take very many pics. I wish I had, but I was also worried about dropping my gloves or the camera. I'd like to have thought I'd push myself out there with some momentum, but nope I just took it easy. But, still it was fun to be on the ziplines, even though we had to wait like 10 mins between each one. It was a good thing I'd been working out. Since I am short I had to do pull ups to get myself on and off the zipline at each platform!


This is what the jungle looked like


It was also sooo hot and humid here! We took like two showers a day with the heat and activities. After this we had dinner at the buffet. Then the Skullcandy videographer had a video ready of the trip. It was fun to watch.  The company also did awards, and we just hung out in the lobby visiting for the last night.

2 comments:

  1. Those stairs do look really scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We did the canopy zip line in Mexico a few years ago and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!