Post 10 of 10- finally
It was pretty sad to leave. We were really not ready. The buses left at 7:00a. I just watched the country side pass by, hoping someday we could come back. Jon was able to get some rest on the way home.
This is the control tower
The front of the airport. We didn't come this way when we arrived.
The continental check in, again everything open to the outside!
Here's the terminal. They had a snack bar that was priced even worse than the airports here! The gift shop was air conditioned though!
Jon playing beanie babies with some of the little girls who came
Drinking coconut water.
It was a joke trying to get on the plane. We went through security where our bags were scanned. But then they were going to do a physical check right before getting on the plane. And we had to get rid of all liquids more than 3 oz...even the ones we just bought for 5x retail price! We had to chug a gatorade. Then they picked a few people and went through all their bags and opened everything up and took everything out! I'm so glad that wasn't me! And we had to stay on the right side of the yellow line on the way to the plane or they would have to process all the passengers all over again!
Once on the plane we had to wait an hour and a half because we had problems with customs! I guess the computer system that communicates with the US was down and they had to input everything manually! Another concern was getting to the US in time. Customs in SLC closes at 6 or 6:30 and if we didn't make it we'd have to go to Dallas to go through customs and then fly into SLC. It all worked out and we made it with an hour to spare. We were on the plane for seven and a half hours on the way back. But I'm sure glad I had my Hunger Games book to keep me company while Jon slept on and off.
I'm sure this isn't Costa Rican coastline, but goodbye to Central America!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


SO JEALOUS of all your adventures! And you look like a hot mama drinking your coconut water! :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to being a hot mama! AND to being jealous. One day, I will go somewhere cool. Anyway, I just finished reading all 10 posts! You are so good to write everything down. And to take so many pictures. I always forget to do that. Anyway, tomorrow is my very last day of school for 3 months, so we need to get together and I can hear all the details. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it!
ReplyDelete