Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunset

Post 5 of 10-
This trip was just amazing! It just the right amount of scheduled things, freedom, and options when there was down time. Although I wish, wish, wish it was a couple more days! I think the most ideal part of it was that it was with the company, therefore Jon wasn't stressed that he was way behind on work, to check emails, and that people couldn't get a hold of him. Everyone else was working at the same pace. And if someone needed something they could come find whomever they needed.

It was also so nice to not have phone and internet. We didn't want to pay international roaming so we turned our phones off. It took us back to the 90's when you had to make arrangements with your friends to meet at a future time and place with no last min changes, or just wait around until you run into them if you needed to talk to them. It was weird, but nice at the same time.

It was also the greatest to spend practically the whole time outside. It was hot, but with shade, water and drinks whenever you wanted it was very wonderful. I had forgotten how much I LOVE to be outside. Its hard to remember that when you live in a place where it's winter 8 months out of the year! (Its May 19th and we woke up to snow on the grass, flowers and roofs).

Another thing I loved was being with Jon practically the whole time. I seriously don't think we were more than 10 feet apart for more than 10 mins the during the whole trip.  It was the best to hang out with him all day. I think that was the hardest thing about coming back to reality.

Anyway, after the soccer stuff, we came back and hung out at the beach just off the resort. The water was so warm all the time. The sand was pretty coarse and mostly broken shell pieces. We stayed out there for a while to watch the sunset. It was so pretty.










There was a cloud cover from the recent storm, so it kind of create this dome effect. After the sun went down the orange light reflected off the clouds and was so pretty and felt like we were in a giant room not outside.





The orange glow made everything look orange!

1 comment:

  1. What a super fun trip! I'm totally loving reading all of these posts (and totally jealous!) We need to find a job that will send us somewhere exotic! :)
    BTW you look great!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!