During this stage, I held Enzo as often and as much as I wanted. I couldn't get enough. I hardly put him down, which made it hard to do anything. But my awesome MIL was here to help. I also had a hard time sharing him and letting other people hold him. This is the first time I've been like that as a new mom. But it was wonderful to just soak it all in.
(Anyone know why there are gray bars through my pics?!-Sad!)
I just love the way babies look as newborns! It goes so so fast! I think the newborn stage is difficult on purpose so at the time we aren't too sad to see it go :)
Sigh, precious
Rachel came up about a week and a half after Enzo was born.
Aunt Rachel and all the grand babies!
About this time Enzo got a really bad diaper rash, that ended up lasting 4-5 weeks :( It was so so so stressful for me. He didn't seem in too much pain, but it looked horrible! And with a messy diaper several times a day, it was nearly impossible to treat. I went to the dr 3 different times to get help with it. I used everything I could think of and read about on the internet. I spent so much that month on rash treatments. And spent a good amount of time blowing cool air with the hair drier on his bum. I think it ended up being something called impetigo, which has red open sores. Stopping the use of wipes in favor of cotton balls dipped in vaseline helped a little bit, but in the end it was a combination ointment that worked. It was prescribed by his pediatrician and cost me $80; it was an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and strong antibiotic ointment that he called pink swizzle, even though it wasn't pink.


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!