Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introducing Enzo Strong Munk

March 15

Welcome to the world baby!

Born at 7:54 am on the Ides of March 2012, via c-section.  7 pounds 13 ounces; 21 inches









I don't really know where to start. I think one of the reasons I waited so long to make this post is because I didn't want to share it. I wanted to keep it all to myself.  And since my mind isn't all here, I don't know how much I remember.

Off and on a couple weeks before I was due, I wouldn't be able to stand up straight because it would hurt my hip/pelvis so bad. I could wait a min or so and it would stop. We originally planned to have the c-section on the 15th (because that would work better with Jon's schedule), but at my previous appt, I decided I wanted it to be earlier, on Tuesday. I didn't find out til later that unfortunately the hospital was booked. So, unless I went into labor on my own I'd have to wait til Thursday. At first, I wanted to go into labor, but then I remember how hard Zac's delivery was (c-section after 14 hrs of labor) and decided that I'd rather NOT labor first, and that would make for a better recovery.

The day before delivery, I had things I needed to do to get ready for the baby, and I was in charge of cub scouts and because of scheduling conflicts we had a St. Patricks Day party scheduled for that afternoon.  As the day went on, I got more and more uncomfortable as I tried to get stuff done and my pelvis was hurting really bad. I had to walk bent at almost a 45 degree angle so it wouldn't hurt. Because of awesome friends in the ward, I was able to skip out of scouts and take it easy. And Jon came home from work early to help me too.

I was also very very very nervous about the c-section this time. With Max I was just so excited to be done, that I didn't care about the surgery at all. But this time I was stressin'. We left our house about 6:00a and went to the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. I really wanted my boys to be with us after Enzo was born, so Maryanne met us at the hospital to watch the boys during delivery.  The spinal worked great. But my spine must have been at a weird angle, because my shoulders and neck were SOOO sore. The kind anesthesiologist massaged them and they felt better. Also, my blood pressure was dropping, and I wanted to pass out. They gave me some meds to bring it up and I felt better after a bit. Although my blood pressure stayed low the whole time in the hospital. I had to be on the IV for more than 24 hours later (what a pain).  After Enzo was out and I heard him crying I had so much peace and joy. I felt so content.

He was pretty fussy while they were putting my back together. All the medical staff commented on how vocal he was-haha. That worried me. But he's been great and only cries for select needs which are pretty easy to meet.

I had no expectations for feeding after the difficulty I had nursing my other two boys. I had hopes though. Unfortunately, a nurse assured me she was certified for lactation, yet gave me bad advice which I couldn't see at the time. We left the hospital with a shield, SNS, binky and a baby that liked to bite or "chew", instead of suck. But it was great to see his weight start to come back up before we left the hospital.

We got to see the boys everyday I think. Which was so nice. I wish I had gotten a family picture there. Or even just more pics. There is only one of me and the baby in the hospital on my phone but its really bad quality. The food was really good. Jon was exhausted. The baby had great sleep stretches for a newborn. And it was just so lovely to have him here. I feel like I recovered a lot quick this time. I was even able to walk to the bathroom by myself that evening!





All ready to go home. These are newborn size and they are still so big on him!  I wish I could just cuddle this stage all over again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!!