May 28
This last fall our ward had a family history class that I started going to and really enjoyed. I started to think more about our family history and wonder where to start because much of the first 100 years or so have been completed on both sides of my family.
My mom is technically adopted, and we don't know much about her genetic line. I know a little about my great grandparents' generation on that side, but nothing more. As I was on newfamilysearch.org I found a death certificate for my great grandma who, I'd heard, committed suicide. The certificate confirmed that and how, where and when. It also included where she was buried-in American Fork. I've lived in Utah all this time, but have never been out there! We decided to go this year. It was great to "meet" her for the first time. And we brought some flowers to leave too.
We also found the grave stone for her parents and other relatives.
It was amazing to see so many grave stones for children under 1-5 years old, from the 1800s. Sad. But it felt so good to remember our ancestors and connect with them a little bit.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!