April 18-27
One morning while I was on my bed feeding Enzo, Max came in the back door crying. You, know the somethings wrong cry and when he came in with his pinky in his mouth I thought, "oh, great. What happened?" When he took his finger out of his mouth there was blood all over. The urgency hit me then. We went to clean it up and I discovered that his pinky had been cut through the nail. As I was frantically running around, while trying not to freak Max out, calling around for a sitter for the other boys or deciding to take them with me to the ER, looking for max's shoes, and gathering all the stuff I'd need for the baby. My neighbor came home and took care of that and Jon started to head home while I took Max to the hospital. I put a bandaid on it because I didn't want blood to get all over or for Max to move the skin around too much by holding it.
The kind ER nurses informed me that there was a walk-in clinic on the other side of the building that could do stitches. So they saved me a huge copay! At that point the story started to get clearer of what had happened. Max was trying to get a rock out of the dirt in the garden. But Zac wanted to get it out with the shovel. Zac kept telling Max to move his hand. But stubborn Max wouldn't, so Zac decided he'd try and get the rock with the shovel anyway. Zac ended up hitting Max's pinky and cutting through the nail.
We got an x-ray to make sure there was no broken bone. There wasn't. And the dr just glued it shut. I'm glad everything turned out so good!
It was nursery rhyme day at Max's preschool and the students were asked to dress up as their favorite nursery rhyme. I recited a couple for Max, and he decided he liked "Little Miss Muffet" the best. I found some tutorials online and made this easy spider costume for him so wear. He loved it!
Cute little Enzo
I saw this idea on pinterest and thought it would be great for my brother Jacob! And his birthday just happened to be a month later! I got 30, $1.00 bills and sewed them end to end with a zigzag stitch, rolled them up and put them in a box with a slit on top. When he opened the gift bag to see money sticking out he pulled....and pulled....and pulled....it was fun to hear his laugh as he kept pulling and realizing there's more money!
As you may have noticed, Zac is pretty absent from a lot of these pictures. I think its because he's at school all day, or out playing after school. Growing up! I am hoping to take more note of what he is doing, some the documentation is more complete.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments!!