Saturday, September 18, 2010

Alone

First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate them, and they help me feel more comfortable with myself and with sharing things on my blog.

Right now, its 11:53p on Friday night. Its the Father and Sons camp out with our ward. This is the first year Jon has taken both boys. Making this, the first night I have been literally alone since before we were married. Lemme tell ya, its weird. There have been nights here and there and in a row where Jon has to go on scout camp outs and out of town for work, or has taken just Zac to Father and Sons. But I have always had someone here with me.

I honestly, feel less anxious than I have before. Last summer, there was a night where I couldn't get to sleep before 4:00a because I was so stressed that someone would break in or that something bad would happen and I wouldn't know what to do, and help the boys.  I did everything I could think of to calm my mind down so I could sleep.

I'm not sure what makes tonight different. I went to dinner with Denise, a friend I met back in middle school, who happens to live 5 minutes from me now. And who I haven't seen in a few years. Then we watched a chick flick at her beautiful house that she is renting. It was fun to catch up and relaxing. Then I came home. Normally, before I leave on an evening where Jon is gone, I lock all the windows and turn some lights on so I don't come home to a dark house. Well, I did neither of those tonight. But still I feel relatively calm. Maybe its that I don't have kids here to worry about, maybe its because I live next to a sheriff, maybe its because I live in a smaller town, maybe its because during the summer every window in the house is open all night, maybe because my room is upstairs. Whatever the reason, I am grateful for it.

Even still, I won't be posting this til tomorrow . . .

Well, it's 5:46am. I guess I wasn't as calm as I thought. I generally haven't slept very well at this house; I'm not sure why. But two bad dreams tonight/this morning make things harder. I hate the tangible, physical wave of tense anxiety that starts in my chest then shoots through my entire body when I hear unfamiliar sounds. I need a bat. It's surprisingly still dark here. I'm waiting for the dawn so hopefully I can get more restful sleep. I'll read for a while.

5 comments:

  1. I had my first night home alone ever last year when Corey went to father & sons with his dad. I was totally nervous & couldn't fall asleep without checking all the doors multiple times & turning on the fan to drown out the background noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I never do good being home alone. I have anxiety OCD which means I go around HUNDREDS of times checking locks and looking out the windows....it's not fun when I get anxiety like that. I'm one crazy chick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to bless the house or whatever that's called (I can not for the life of me remember!!) to make you feel calmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm still waiting for the night alone. i'm thinking it will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. although as I read your blog I am alone. All the kids are in bed and Shaun is gone... AGAIN! he was gone ALL last week (mon-sun) and left again today (t-sat) this is not fun for me.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!!